One of the oldest municipalities in South Florida, Hialeah was incorporated in 1925, the area was developed by Missouri farmer James H. Bright and New York aviator Glenn H. Curtiss. The City of Progress as it’s referred to today is the sixth largest city in the State of Florida. The City features Hialeah Park, Amelia Earhart Park and the Leah Arts District. The City of Hialeah is home to three tennis centers, five public swimming pools and aquatic centers, and more than fourteen public parks totaling more than one hundred acres. Milander Park also features a municipal auditorium and a 10,000-seat football stadium. Hialeah has grown at a rate faster than most of the ten larger cities in the state of Florida, with more than 230,000 residents.